You are not logged in | Register | Resend Activation
  | Lost PW?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Doctor V64 -> Cartridge Connector
Posted on: 2012/5/24 21:35
64Gamer
Well i found a Cartridge Connector of the Doctor V64 some months ago for like a dollar, so i just bought it for fun, maybe i could use it as adapter for US Games on JP consoles. Actually it doesn't work, so my question is: is this Cartridge Connector fully useless with out the Doctor V64 system itself or should it be able to just play games regular with it?

Got a picture of it here. Just want to find out if its not possible or if the connector is damaged.

http://www.nightfallcrew.com/wp-conte ... ises-limited/IMG_2223.jpg

Re: Doctor V64 -> Cartridge Connector
Posted on: 2012/5/25 1:19
Agent
As far as I know that connector only supplies the N64 the data from the CIC to bypass the lockout. You won't be playing imports through that.

Posted on: 2012/5/25 10:13
64Gamer
Alright. Well i wouldn't need an real adapter, it was only to solve the physical problem between the cartridge modules. I already have an adapter for that but i need to plugin an second cartridge to that to get it work. Would have been a bit easier that way.
thanks for the answer

Posted on: 2012/5/25 16:55
Agent
If I remember correctly, this adapter can only be used with an Doctor v64 CD Version. The adapter should work similar as the 64DD capture card. It enables booting from the expansion port.

//Edit

If you want to play US games on a Japanese system (or the other way around), you only need a 4,5mm Nintendo gamebit.

http://www.amazon.com/Screwdriver-Sec ... esis-Master/dp/B000F78NBQ

with this, you can open the N64 and simply remove the plastic underneath the slot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfZcZYBB40U

Besides the different stickers, there is no difference between an US and a JAP console. You can even use the Powersupply unit from any region (also PAL), as long as you use a converter.

Posted on: 2012/5/28 21:48
64Gamer
Okay, just thought that somehow the connector would connect the cartridge to the console normal.

Oh i thought about that console "modding" but actually i don't want to try it on my imported japanese console since it wasn't that cheap like a "normal" one. i'll rather stick to my adapter then, but thanks for the suggestion.

Posted on: 2012/6/4 1:11
My friend bought something like that but for a pal N64 to play Japanese games and there was another slot he put a working pal game in the 2nd slot and a Japanese one in the first and it worked.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.